Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Confidence

Have you ever noticed how confidence waxes and wanes?

It's so easy to base our confidence on accomplishments or acclamation (at least for me). One can leave the office with a good feeling if projects were completed and/or people were helped - and struggle mightily when projects fail or criticism comes.

I need to continually remind myself that my confidence is in the Lord, not myself - that worth is not based on ability to work effectively - that confidence should never be based on feedback, positive or negative (I'm rarely as good or bad as either, anyway).

By the way, please allow me to say e-publicly how much I appreciate the gifts for pastoral appreciation month - and the applause for the staff on Sunday.

Blessings!

2 comments:

Qtpies7 said...

We don't put your worth on everything turning out perfectly!
We do all need criticism, though it is not fun, but it doesn't mean you are doing a bad job.

Redddave said...

Its not how well we do at any one thing. God wants us glorify Him and to do His will. From this side of heaven we just don't always know why a job, an event or ministry has failed. Yet as long as we focus on glorifing God and doeing what He wants us to do it will all turn out correctly.