Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Questions

As I was studying for Sunday's sermon & discipleship class, wandered off a bit. Read about a number of Christian singer's divorces, and Ray Boltz's coming out about his homosexuality.

This led me to wonder, should we listen to songs sung by those who have experienced significant moral failures? Does it matter whether they recorded them before or after the failure? Does it matter whether they've publicly repented or not? What do you think?

This is not necessarily a modern question, for example, "It is Well with My Soul" has a later negative story as well.

Thanks.

1 comment:

Grandma J said...

I hadn't heard about Ray Boltz...I have always loved his music, and even saw him in concert a few years back. I'm not sure what the answer is either, but it really saddens me to hear that.