Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Accepting Help

From dwightclough.com (posted with permission, personal friend & past co-worker):

"For those struggling financially ... It is more blessed to give than to receive. I genuinely believe that. If you are a child of God, deep in your heart I know you do too. But let me show you the other side of the coin. It is more educational to receive. Here's what I mean. Accept help. Most of us hate to humble ourselves, to admit that our best efforts weren't good enough, that we tried and failed, that we are now in need. But understand this: All of us are needy. In one way or another, every single person is incomplete alone. By accepting help graciously when we need it, and offering help generously when we can, we acknowledge the truth God spoke in Genesis, when He said, “It is not good for man to be alone.” I understand the application to marriage, but it goes beyond that. We need each other. "

No comments: