Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Received notification today that my daughter's band, Stasis Dei, did not make the fourth round at Club 3 Degrees. Must admit mixed feelings - would have been great to go on, but it will also be great for them to concentrate on upcoming summer concerts and the other parts of their lives!

Can't begin to tell you how proud I am of them, and of my daughter. They have come so far as a garage band in the last two years.

Biggest surprise for me? Even though I'm nearing 50 (7.75 months, but who's counting?), and starting to find the more intense music a bit difficult to listen to - their move to add techno elements made them better - this from a pastor who likes folk and soft rock!

On another note, recently joined the local health club - today was the first day "at the gym". First days are always easy, it's continuing the effort that will be interesting.

May the Lord touch each of your lives.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tank you Daddy!

Grandma J said...

Hi Pastor Al,
It's too bad about the kids not making it further in the competition. And don't worry, it could be worse, you could have a little less than 3 mos. to go b4 the big 5-0, (not that I'm counting either), but I got an AARP card in the mail yesterday. Eeeek! can't they at least wait until you get there?

It's good to know we still like to listen to "Smoke on the Water" though...they just don't make music like that anymore.

Qtpies7 said...

What gym did you join? Donnie could use a partner at the Life fitness center. (and I won't be that partner)